Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #4, April 2014

I've gotten so behind in posting about subscription boxes!
This is the Stitch Fix I received on April 30th.  If you are new to the idea of the clothing subscription box Stitch Fix and want more info, scroll down to the bottom of this post. 

My late-April Stitch Fix box.
So, the truth is that I almost didn't post about this Stitch Fix.  As a matter of fact, I was so disappointed in this Fix that I was ready to give up the subscription.  The photo above looks nice enough, but most of these items are totally not my style.  One of the lovely things about Stitch Fix is that when you fill out your style profile, you list things you don't like.  I don't like blouses or 3/4 sleeves and I said so in my profile.  Also, if you receive items in a Fix that don't work for you and you are sending them back, you can provide feedback on why you are sending them back, like the black pants and maxi skirt I received last time.


Here is a lovely 3/4 sleeve blouse I received in my Fix.  It is beautiful silk and is sure to make someone with a big budget very happy--alas, not me.  The black skinny pants fit fine but 1) I requested no skinny pants as I already own several pairs and 2) last time received black pants that I sent back and said that I don't want black pants.


 Next up, a maxi dress and matching necklace.
The maxi with the cardi I kept from my last Fix.



 So, I didn't like the maxi skirt last time (and said so) and I don't like this maxi dress.  Like the skirt, I just find the cut unflattering on me.  The neckline on this one is way too low to wear day to day and I don't need any evening wear.  The necklace matches nicely, but I don't like gold jewelry.  It was clear that my stylist didn't review my profile when she put together this outfit.


The last item was this cute shirt that was just too blousey on me.  The neckline was quite wide and kept slipping to my shoulder.  And again with the 3/4 sleeves!

So I emailed Stitch Fix about my disappointment.  I received a prompt and friendly reply with an offer for a credit on the styling fee on my next Fix.
I sighed a big sigh and decided to try again.  I ended up just getting a refund of my styling fee instead of a credit, but it ended up being fun to get my next Fix so I'm glad I kept my scheduled Fix.


If you are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, it is a personal styling service for women. I signed up because although I love to shop, I just don't seem to have the time.  When you sign up, you provide your size, your budget preferences, and answer a lot of questions regarding your style.  You can also choose whether you want to receive accessories, jewelry and/or outerwear. There is a $20 styling fee that is applied to your order should you decide to keep any of the pieces.  If you don’t keep anything, you don’t receive a refund of the fee. And if you keep all of the pieces, you get a 25% discount on everything!  You have three days to try everything on and you send what you don't want back in the provided bag with a prepaid return label.  Easy peasy! 
Your style profile also includes a place for you to request certain items and to provide feedback on your most recent box so your stylist can learn why certain items may not have worked for you.  They aim to please!
Ready to sign up? Here is my referral link.
Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment