Friday, July 4, 2014

Stitch Fix #5 , May 2014

I'm just catching up on my subscription boxes and am finally getting around to my May Stitch Fix.  If you are not familiar with this clothing subscription box, you can scroll to the bottom of this post for more information.
Last month's Stitch Fix was pretty disappointing and left me wondering who it was my stylist was styling for.  Did she even look at my profile?  This month things looked pretty promising on opening the box.  I loved the summer colors!

Not quite my style, but fun to try out.


First up, this knit shirt.  The print was kind of zany for me and I'm not a fan of 3/4 sleeves, but I thought it looked really sharp with the white jeans.  I really didn't like the gold buttons on the front and sleeves, though.  It just made it look a bit too uptown for my taste so this went back.

I've had pretty good luck with fit in the pants I've received from Stitch Fix, but not in this Fix.  The wide-leg jeans above were too long and baggy and the white jeans I have on in the rest of these photos were too tight, even though they were my regular size.  I loved how the white jeans worked with these tops and realized that I really need a pair to round out my summer wardrobe.  This pair had a wide elastic waistband like maternity pants.  It gave me a major muffin-top but I think in the right size would be comfortable and flattering.  I emailed Stitch Fix about sizing up but unfortunately they aren't available.  Bummer!  Both pants went back.



I just don't get this style of shirt with the tail hanging out.  Big thumbs down.


This t-shirt is the one item I kept from my May Fix.  The ruching does a nice job hiding my belly (when worn with pants that fit :) and I love the color.  Hurray, a keeper!!



If you are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, it is a personal styling service for women. I signed up because although I love to shop, I just don't seem to have the time.  When you sign up, you provide your size, your budget preferences, and answer a lot of questions regarding your style.  You can also choose whether you want to receive accessories, jewelry and/or outerwear. There is a $20 styling fee that is applied to your order should you decide to keep any of the pieces.  If you don’t keep anything, you don’t receive a refund of the fee. And if you keep all of the pieces, you get a 25% discount on everything!  You have three days to try everything on and you send what you don't want back in the provided bag with a prepaid return label.  Easy peasy! 
Your style profile also includes a place for you to request certain items and to provide feedback on your most recent box so your stylist can learn why certain items may not have worked for you.  They aim to please!
Ready to sign up? Here is my referral link
I receive a $25 credit with each referral, so thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment